Examination Results 2015: Preparing for the next crop of Masters of Wine
The announcement, earlier this month, of a record number of 19 new Masters of Wine was a milestone for the Institute. However it tended to overshadow other important results for students who are at different stages in their journey to become an MW.
The Examination Results are not made public but we’re delighted to share a few key figures that reflect the dynamism of our Study Programme:
- There are 321 students from 37 countries currently at stages 1, 2 or 3 of the Study Programme.
- 116 students sat at least one component of the closed book Examination in 2015.
- 26 students passed the Theory component.
- 17 students passed the Practical component.
- 74 new students from 14 countries were accepted to Stage 1 of the Study Programme.
Penny Richards, Executive Director of the Institute of Masters of Wine, said: “2015-16 will be another intense academic year of hard work for all our students, rich with amazing tastings, sleepless nights on the eve of exams, and enlightening trips in the world’s best wine regions. After a rewarding year during which we welcomed 24 new Members, and as the Institute expands its outreach efforts to new countries, I’m confident that 2016 will bring another excellent crop of Masters of Wine.”
For more information about our Study Programme, please visit the ‘Become an MW‘ section. Study Programme Progression Route
Ends (03 Nov 2015)
Communications Manager, Institute of Masters of Wine
T: +44 (0)207 383 9131